Mars is a dry, red and fiery planet. Masculine by nature it signifies energy, both constructive and destructive depending upon his position as Mars positive and Mars negative. If Sun and Mercury are placed together in one house, Mars would be positive but if Saturn and Sun are placed in one house Mars becomes negative.
Mars acts on the extremes - either soft like a wax or hard like a stone. The Sun, Moon and Jupiter are his friends, whereas Mercury and Ketu are his enemies. Rahu and Saturn are neutral to Mars. The first cycle of Mars runs between the ages 28 and 33, the 2nd between 63 and 68 years and the 3rd between 98 and 103 years. The 1st and 8th houses are the own houses of Mars and he gets exalted in the 10th house of his debilitation. Mars acts as a malefic in the 4th and 8th houses, but he is benefic if placed in the 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12th houses.
Mars is the signification of sex, brothers, land and property and rules over the animal instincts in man. A benefic Mars offers self confidence, sharp wit, faculty of argumentation and adventurous spirit, strong determination and qualities of leadership in all human pursuits. On the contrary, a weak and afflicted Mars makes the native lose temper quickly, fool hardy, quarrelsome and brutal. Such a Mars makes the native a sexual pervert.
Mars in 1st House
Mars in the 1st house makes the native good natured, truthful and richer from the 28th year of age. He wins favours from the government and victory against the enemies without much effort. He earns large profits from the business associated with Saturn i.e., iron, wood, machinery etc. and the relatives represented by Saturn i.e., nephews, grandsons, uncles etc.
Spontaneous curses from the mouth of such a native will never go waste. Association of Saturn with Mars provides physical trouble to the native.
(1) Avoid the acceptance of things free of cost or in charity.
(2) Avoid evil deeds and telling lies.
(3) Association with saints and Faqirs will prove very harmful.
(4) Things of ivory will give very adverse effects. Avoid them.
Mars in 2nd House
The native with Mars in the 2nd house is generally the eldest issue of his parents, or else he or she would always like to be treated so. But living and behaving like a younger brother would prove highly beneficial and ward off several evils automatically. Mars in this house provides great wealth and properties from the in-laws' family. Mars negative here makes the native a snake in disguise for others and causes his death in war or quarrels.
Mars with Mercury in the 2nd house weakens the will power and undermines the importance of the native.
(1) The business associated with Moon, e.g., trade in cloth, will provide great prosperity, hence strengthen Moon.
(2) Ensure that your in-laws make arrangements for providing drinking water facilities to the common people.
(3) Keep deer skin in the house.
Mars in 3rd House
The 3rd house is affected by Mars and Mercury, who provide brothers and sisters to the native i.e., he will not be the only issue of his parents. Others will be highly benefited from the native, but he will not be able to receive benefit from others. Humbleness will bring rewards. In-laws will become richer and richer after the native's marriage. The native believes in the principle " eat, drink and be merry" and suffers from blood disorders.
(1) Be soft hearted and avoid arrogance. Be good to brothers for prosperity.
(2) Keep articles of ivory with you .
(3) Put on silver ring in the left hand.
Mars in 4th House
The 4th house is overall the property of Moon. The fire and heat of Mars in this house burns the cold water of Moon i.e., the properties of the Moon are adversely affected. The native loses peace of mind and suffers from jealousy to others. He always misbehaves with his younger brothers. The native's evil mission gets strong destructive powers. Such a native affects the life of his mother, wife, mother-in-law etc very adversely. His anger becomes the cause of his overall destruction in various aspects of life.
(1) Offer sweet milk to the roots of a banyan tree and put that wet soil on your navel.
(2) To avoid havoc from fire, place empty bags of sugar on the roof of your house, shop or factory.
(3) Always keep a square piece of silver with you.
(4) Keep away from black, one-eyed or disabled person.
Mars in 5th House
The 5th house belongs to the Sun, who is a natural friend of Mars. Hence Mars ensures very good results in this house. The sons of the native become instruments of wealth and fame for him. His prosperity increases manifold after the birth of sons. The things and relatives represented by Venus and Moon will prove beneficial in every manner. Someone of his forefathers must have been a doctor or Vaidya.
The prosperity of the native will continue to grow more and more with the growth in age. But romance and emotional affairs with the opposite sex will prove highly disastrous for the native, which will destroy his mental peace and night sleep too.
(1) Maintain a good moral character.
(2) Keep water in a pot below the head side of your bed at night and drop it in a flower pot in the morning.
(3) Offer Shradha to your ancestors and plant a Neem tree in the house.
Mars in 6th House
This house belongs to Mercury and Ketu. Both are mutual enemies and inimical to Mars also. Hence Mars in this house will keep himself away from both. The native will be courageous, adventurous, lover of justice and powerful enough to set fire into water. He will be highly benefited by the trade and business associated with Mercury. His pen will wield more power than the sword. If Sun, Saturn and Mars are placed together in one house, the brothers, mother, sisters and wife will be affected very adversely.
(1) Distribute salt in place of sweets on the birth of a male child.
(2) His brothers should keep the native happy by offering him something or the other for their protection and prosperity. But if he does not accept such things, the same should be thrown in water.
(3) The male children of the native should not wear gold.
(4) Adopt remedies of Saturn for family comfort. Worship Ganeshji for parents' health and destruction of enemies.
Mars in 7th House
This house belongs to the influences of Venus and Mercury, who combined together provide the effect of Sun. If Mars is placed therein, the 7th house will be affected by Sun and Mars both, which ensures that the native's ambition will be fulfilled. Wealth, property and family will increase.
But if Mercury is also placed here along with Mars, very adverse results will follow regarding the things and relations represented by Mercury e.g., sister, sister-in-law, nurses, maid servant, parrot, goats etc. Hence it would be better to keep away from them.
(1) Place solid piece of silver in the house for prosperity.
(2) Always offer sweets to daughter, sister, sister-in-law and widows.
(3) Repeatedly build a small wall and destroy it.
Mars in 8th House
The 8th house belongs to Mars and Saturn, who jointly influence the properties of this house. No planet is considered good in this house. Mars here affects very adversely the younger brothers of the native. The native sticks to commitments made by him without caring for profit or loss.
(1) Obtain blessings of widows and wear a silver chain.
(2) Offer sweet loaves of bread prepared on Tandoor to dogs.
(3) Take your meals in the kitchen.
(4) Build a small dark room at the end of your house and do not allow sun light to enter it.
(5) Offer rice, jaggery and gram pulse at religious places of worship.
(6) Fill an earthen pot with 'Deshi Khand' and bury it near a cremation ground.
Mars in 9th House
This house belongs to Jupiter, a friend of Mars. Mars placed in this house will prove good in every manner to the native by virtue of the help and blessings of the elders. His brother's wife proves very fortunate for him. Generally he will have as many brothers as his father had. Living with brothers in a joint family will enhance all round happiness. The native will gain a highly prestigious administrative post upto the 28th year of his age. He may earn large profits in the trade of goods associated with warfare.
(1) Obedience to elder brother.
(2) Render services to your Bhabhi i.e., brother's wife.
(3) Do not become an atheist and follow your traditional customs and rituals.
(4) Offer rice, milk and jaggery at religious places of worship.
Mars in 10th House
This is the best position of Mars in a horoscope, the place of his exaltation. If the native is born in a poor family, his family will become rich and affluent after his birth. If he is born in a rich family, his family will grow richer and richer after his birth. If the native is the eldest brother he will gain a more distinct recognition and reputation in society. He will be bold, courageous, healthy and competent enough to set traditions, norms and rules in society.
However, if malefic planets Rahu, Ketu and Saturn or Venus and Moon are placed in the 2nd house, the aforesaid beneficial effects are reduced. Further if a friendly planet is placed in the 3rd house, it will also affect the results of Mars in the 10th house adversely. If Saturn is placed in the 3rd house, the native will gain huge wealth and large properties in the later part of his life along with a kingly position. Mars in the 10th house but no planet in the 5th house provides all round prosperity and happiness.
(1) Do not sell ancestral property and gold of the house.
(2) Keep a pet deer in your house.
(3) While boiling milk, please ensure that it should not overflow and fall on the fire.
(4) Offer help to one-eyed and childless persons.
Mars in 11th House
Mars gives good results in this house, because this house is influenced by Jupiter and Saturn. If Jupiter is in exalted position, Mars gives very good results. Native is courageous and just and usually a trader.
(1) One should never sell one's ancestral property.
(2) Keeping Sindoor or honey in an earthen pot will give good results.
Mars in 12th House
This house is inhabited by Jupiter, so now both Mars and Jupiter will give good results. This is also considered as the "Pukka Ghar" of Rahu, so now Rahu will not trouble the native notwithstanding its position in native's horoscope.
(1) Take honey the first thing in the morning.
(2) Eating sweets and offering sweets to another person will increase the wealth of the native.
The author of Lal Kitab describes Saturn as a serpent and Rahu and Ketu as its head and tail respectively. As a node of moon, Rahu shall not provide adverse results so long as 4th house or moon is not afflicted. He gives good results when Mars occupies houses 3 and 12, or when Sun and Mercury are in house 3, or when he himself is posited in 4th house. Rahu further provides good results if placed together with Mercury or aspected by him.
Rahu offers highly beneficial effects if placed in houses earlier than Saturn. But if it is otherwise, Saturn becomes stronger and Rahu acts as his agent. Sun provides very good results when Rahu is aspected by Saturn, but Rahu gives the effects of a debilitated planet when Saturn is aspected by Rahu.
Rahu gets exalted in houses 3 and 6, whereas he gets debilitated in houses 8, 9 and 11. 12th house is his 'Pakka Ghar' and he proves highly auspicious in houses 3,4 and 6. Saturn, Mercury and Ketu are his friends, whereas Sun, Mars and Venus are his enemies. Jupiter and moon are neutral to him.
If Sun and Venus are placed together in a horoscope, Rahu will generally provide adverse results. Similarly, Rahu will provide bad results if Saturn and Sun are also combined in a horoscope. Here Mars will also become Mars negative. If Ketu is placed in houses earlier than Rahu, Rahu will provide adverse results, whereas Ketu's effect would be zeroed.
Rahu in 1st House
1st house is influenced by Mars and Sun, which is like a throne. The planet in 1st house is considered to be the king of all planets. The native will achieve a position higher than indicated by his qualification and will obtain good results from government. Rahu in this house would give the result of exalted Sun, but it will spoil the fruits of the house in which Sun is placed. If Mars, Saturn and Ketu are weak only then Rahu would give bad results, otherwise it will give good results in 1st house. If Rahu is malefic the native should never take any electric equipments or blue/black clothes from his in-laws, else his son could be affected adversely. its malefic result too could last till the age of 42 years.
(1) Offer 400 gm lead in running water .
(2) Wear silver in the neck.
(3) Mix barley in milk in ratio of 1:4 and offer in running
(4) Offer coconut in running water.
Rahu in 2nd House
If Rahu is in benefic form in 2nd house one gets money, prestige and lives like a king. He will have a long life. 2nd house is influenced by Jupiter and Venus. If Jupiter is benefic then the native will live the early years of his life in wealth and comfort. If Rahu is malefic the native will be poor and have a bad family life, suffer from intestinal disorders. The native is killed by a weapon and is unable to save money. In the 10th, 21st to 42nd years of his life, he loses wealth by theft etc.
(1) Keep a solid silver ball in the pocket.
(2) Wear things associated with Jupiter, like gold, yellow cloth, saffron etc.
(3) Keep cordial relations with ones mother.
(4) After marriage do not take any electric equipment from in-laws.
Rahu in 3rd House
It is the 'Pukka Ghar' of Rahu. 3rd house belongs to Mercury and is influenced by Mars. When Rahu is benefic the native will enjoy great wealth and a long life. He will be fearless and a loyal friend. He would be a clairvoyant for seeing future in his dreams. He will never be issueless. He will be victorious over his enemies; can never be a debtor. He would leave behind property. 22nd year of his life would be of progress. However if Rahu is malefic in 3rd house then his brothers and relatives would waste his money. His money once borrowed would never be returned. He would have defective speech and would be an atheist. If Sun and Mercury are also there (in 3rd house) with Rahu then his sister would become a widow in 22nd or 32nd year of his life.
(1) Never keep ivory or things of ivory in the house.
Rahu in 4th House
This house belongs to Moon, which is an enemy of Rahu. When Rahu is benefic in this house the native would be intelligent, wealthy and will spend money on good things. Going on pilgrimage would be beneficial for him. If Venus is also benefic then after marriage the native's in-laws could also become rich and the native would also benefit from them.
When Moon is exalted the native would become very rich and would benefit from the works or relatives associated with Mercury. If Rahu is malefic and the Moon is also weak then the native will suffer from poverty and native's mother would also suffer. Collecting char coal, altering toilet, installing oven in the ground and alteration of the roof in the house would be indicative of malefic.
(1) Wear silver.
(2) Offer 400 gm coriander or almonds, or both in flowing water.
Rahu in 5th House
5th house belongs to Sun, which signifies male offspring. If Rahu is benefic native will be rich, wise, enjoy good health. He would enjoy good income and good progress. The native would be a devout or philosopher. If Rahu is malefic it leads to abortions. After the birth of a son, wife's health will suffer for twelve years. If Jupiter is also in 5th house father of native will be in trouble.
(1) Keep an elephant made of silver.
(2) Abstain from wine, non-vegetarianism and adultery.
(3) Remarry your wife.
Rahu in 6th House
This house is influenced by Mercury or Ketu. Here Rahu is exalted and gives very good results. The native will be free of all botherations or troubles. The native will spend money on clothes. The native will be intelligent and victorious. When Rahu is malefic he will harm his brothers or friends. When Mercury or Mars is in 12th house Rahu gives bad result. The native suffers from various ailments or loss of wealth. Sneezing while going to work would give bad results.
(1) Keep a black dog.
(2) Keep a lead nail in your pocket.
(3) Never harm ones brothers/sisters.
Rahu in 7th House
Native will be rich, but wife would suffer. He would be victorious over his enemies. If the marriage takes place before twenty one years, it would be inauspicious. He would have good relations with the government. But if he engages in business connected with Rahu, like electrical equipments, then he will have losses. Native would suffer from head ache and if Mercury, Venus or Ketu is in 11th house, then sister, wife or son would destroy the native.
(1) Never marry before 21st year of age.
(2) Offer six coconuts in river.
Rahu in 8th House
8th house is concerned with Saturn and Mars. So Rahu in this house gives malefic effect. The native would spend money uselessly on court cases. Family life would be adversely affected. If Mars is benefic and is placed in 1st or 8th house or Saturn (benefic) is placed in 8th house, the native will be very rich.
(1) Keep a square piece of silver.
(2) While sleeping Saunf should be keep under the pillow.
(3) Do not work in electricity or power department.
Rahu in 9th House
9th house is influenced by Jupiter. If the native has good relation with ones brothers and sisters it is fruitful; else it would adversely affect the native. If the native is not religious minded then his progeny would be useless for him. Professions influenced by Saturn would be profitable.
If Jupiter is in 5th or 11th house then it is useless. If Rahu is inauspicious in 9th house then chances of begetting a son are less, specially if native files court cases against one's blood relation. Rahu is in 9th and 1st house is empty then health could be adversely affected and one gets insulted and mental problems, specially from olders.
(1) Use Tilak of saffron daily.
(2) Wear gold.
(3) Always keep a dog (it saves ones progeny).
(4) Have good relations with your in-laws.
Rahu in 10th House
Keeping ones head uncovered gives the effect of a debilitated Rahu in 10th house. The good or bad result of Rahu would depend upon Saturn's position. If Saturn is auspicious then native would be brave, long lived and rich and get respect from all quarters. If Rahu in 10th house is with Moon it gives Raja Yoga. The native is lucky for ones father. If Rahu in 10th house is malefic then it would adversely affect ones mother or native's health would also be bad. If Moon is alone in 4th house then native's eyes are adversely affected. He suffers from headaches and there is loss of wealth, because of a dark complexioned person.
(1) Use blue or black cap.
(2) Cover ones head.
(3) Offer 4kg. or 400 gms of 'khand' in a temple, or in flowing water.
(4) Feed blind people.
Rahu in 11th House
11th house is influenced by both Saturn and Jupiter. Native could be rich as long as his father is alive. Alternatively, establishing things of Jupiter would help. Native has wicked friends. He gets money from mean people. After the death of ones father he should wear gold in the neck. If Mars is malefic for a native with Rahu in 11th at time of his birth, there is every thing in his house, but every thing gets destroyed later. If Rahu in 11th house is malefic then the native has bad relations with his father or he may even kill him. Planet in 2nd house would act as enemy. If Jupiter/Saturn are in 3rd or 11th house then wear iron on the body and drink water in a silver glass. If ketu is in 5th house then Ketu gives bad results. There may be diseases of ear, spine, urinary problems etc. There may be losses associated with business concerned with Ketu.
(1) Wear iron. Use silver glass for drinking water.
(2) Never take any electric equipment as a gift.
(3) Do not keep blue sapphire, ivory or toys in the shape of an elephant.
Rahu in 12th House
12th house belongs to Jupiter. It signifies bedroom. Rahu here gives mental troubles, insomnia. It also leads to excessive expenditure on sisters and daughters. If Rahu is with its enemies then it becomes next to impossible to make ends meet, despite hard labour. It also leads to false allegations. One may even go to the extreme of contemplating suicide. One has mental worries.
Telling lies, deceiving others etc. may make Rahu even more malefic. If some body sneezes at the start of any new work if gives malefic effect. There may be theft, diseases or false allegations. If mars is with Rahu here, then it gives good results.
(1) Take your meals in the kitchen itself.
(2) Keep Saunf and khand under the pillow for good night's sleep.